US general: We hacked the enemy in Afghanistan

The U.S. military has been launching cyber attacks against its opponents in Afghanistan, a senior officer said last week, making an unusually explicit acknowledgment of the oft-hidden world o
f electronic warfare.


Marine Lt. Gen. Richard P. Mills' comments came at a conference in Baltimore during which he explained how U.S. commanders considered cyber weapons an important part of their arsenal.

"I can tell you that as a commander in Afghanistan in the year 2010, I was able to use my cyber operations against my adversary with great impact," Mills said. "I was able to get inside his nets, infect his command-and-control, and in fact defend myself against his almost constant incursions to get inside my wire, to affect my operations."

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...